2024-04-08

Two Orders of Blogging Magnitude

Just so that we understand the absolute brain damage suffered by the defenders of the genocide in Gaza, let me single out this fucking moron for criticism. I'll quote it for those who object to clicking on a link to Elon's right-wing hurly burly machine:

I’m not even kidding anymore. I fully believe that if Spain unilaterally recognizes Palestine, the least we can do is recognize Catalan independence.

Firstly, okay. I support recognizing Catalan independence. I'm cool with that. But that out of the way, let me highlight how fucking inhumane and monstrous this dipshit fucking asshole is. The scale of the falsity of this analogy is so immense that it may well block out the sun.

To be clear, the Catalan independence movement has been harshly and severely persecuted by the Spanish government. I do not deny this. I do condemn it. But let's put it into perspective:

576 protesters injured (19 serious, 1 in a critical condition) 300 protesters arrested

These protests lasted a little longer than a year. By comparison, the number injured in the Gaza genocide is now over 75,000 - by the official Gaza Health Ministry numbers, which is a massive undercount. That works out to around 400 injured per day. And there have been over 33 thousand deaths on top of that. IOW, the casualties from the entirety of a year of Spanish crackdowns on the Catalan independence movement is less than one single day of the Gaza genocide, now entering its seventh month.

No comments: