2011-02-02

Rules

This probably isn't necessary, but wev. Anyways, I was thinking a bit about rules and such and realized that I haven't any for this little corner of the blogosphere that I call my own. Well, I guess it's long past time to correct that oversight.

Copyright.

Some people make their living on writing, some people make their careers on their creative output. I'm not one of those people. So, my position on any rights I retain to my stuff on this blog are as follows:
1. Don't pass my stuff off as someone else's, especially your own.

That's it. You want to use anything I've written? Fine, just do not claim that it's yours. You've somehow managed to figure out a way of converting one of my ideas into cash? That's awesome. Drop me a line, maybe I can think up some other potentially profitable ideas. Or don't. I won't be sending you a C&D letter or a demand for "my cut", unless you are trying to pass my stuff off as your own. Even then, it's likely I won't be arsed to do anything - but I do reserve that right, in case I get the urge to.

You don't even have to credit me. I'm fine with "some guy on the web" as an attribution. Or "something I saw somewhere". Just don't credit anyone else for my stuff.

This applies whether or not I agree with what you are using my words for. If you happen to represent a movement or cause that I personally find abhorrent and use something I wrote here to further your goals - fine. Just be aware that if I do find out, I will make the effort to mock and ridicule you. Either that or I will stop having sex with your mom, and then she'll get all cranky and mean - plus she'll have lots of extra free time to check in on how you are doing.

Exceptions - if a post is excepted from this rule, I will make a note of it in the post.

Corollary - don't attribute stuff I'm not responsible for to me.

Comments.

Your comments are your own. I'm not going to raise a ruckus if someone steals one of your comments off of this blog.

I reserve the right to do whatever I want with comments submitted here, but to be honest, I haven't been bothered to find out what that consists of or how I'd go about doing it. Basically my comment policy is to remain such a small and insignificant blog that I never have to worry about spam or truly offensive trolleries.

These policies are subject to change whenever I'm motivated enough to do something about them. Like institute a totalitarian comment moderation scheme that disallows any criticism of myself or Patti Ann Browne. But Groundhog Day 2011 is not the first day of that regime.

11 comments:

vacuumslayer said...

omg, yes.

I use a lot of free stock, but a lot of people who offer up stock for free put all these conditions on it. It annoys the HELL out of me. Finding this so annoying, I decided to take a different tack. People can use my stock for literally anything they want (yes, even stuff that might turn a profit) as long its not for something completely disgusting and/or illegal (though I have no idea how my stock would fit into that sort of thing anyway).

I even let people download my art. I just ask that people don't say its theirs or sell it.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

These policies are subject to change whenever I'm motivated enough to do something about them. Like institute a totalitarian comment moderation scheme that disallows any criticism of myself or Patti Ann Browne.

Respect mah authoritah!!!

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Can I badmouth Righteous Bubba?

Cuz a lot of people hated that bastard and are glad he's gone.

Dragon-King Wangchuck said...

zrm,

You can badmouth anyone you want. I heard what happened to RB, and I don't want me or my branes to be getting on your hate list.

Substance McGravitas said...

People can use my stock for literally anything they want (yes, even stuff that might turn a profit) as long its not for something completely disgusting and/or illegal (though I have no idea how my stock would fit into that sort of thing anyway).

Want an idea?

vacuumslayer said...

SUB IS VERBOTEN!!!

Hamish Mack said...

We would not use DKW's stuff because at Riddled we got some standards but if we did we would be SO SURE to say it was not ours.
Don't nobody be dissin' on my man, Righteuos. He is a fucking saint in this house.

Smut Clyde said...

at Riddled we got some standards

E.g. the "1-metre straight line".

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

He is a fucking saint in this house.

Dead, with a candle stuck in his ass?

Dragon-King Wangchuck said...

I may be an RB fanboi, but I don't want no NOM-ing on mah branes. I need them to come up with perverted sexual fantasies involving your mom.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Lighten up, Francis
~