2010-04-24

A Couple of Things

First, this is related to my Dan Blatt bashing earlier.  Actually, I was picking on the commentariat there more than Dan, so this is even more important for me to get out of the way.  Please read this comment from Sonicfrog.

We're all guilty of tribalism and identity politics - even such a fair and balanced individual as myself!  I do make an effort not to lump entire groups of people together into categories so that I don't have to consider them as actual human beings - I hope my behaviour demonstrates that my efforts in that sense are earnest and honest.  Nonetheless, I tarred the entire Gat Patriot commenting community with the North Dallas Thirty brush, which is a stinky and shit-stained brush indeed.  And even though I may disagree with a lot of what Sonicfrog believes in, it was still a dickish thing to do.  So I apologize for implying that all Gay Patriot commenters are blind idiots, I really only meant the handful of vocally homophobic ones.

UPDATE  Because I'm petty.  If you're reading Dan Blatt, told you so. /UPDATE.

P.S. to Sonicfrog, maybe you're experiencing the whole individual gays versus gays as a group thing - sort of like the "how can I be racist if I have friends who are black" thing.  I dunno how that can help you, I suspect that you probably aren't ever going to read this.  Anyways, I just felt that I had to say it, perhaps I'm feeling acutely about this since I just got married last month.

Item the second.  Will be trying out the Scheduled at posting thing - I've actually completed the Sunday Audition THREE HOURS EARLY!  The DW provided the idea for it - something so ridiculous I almost pissed myself trying to type it out.

2 comments:

Smut Clyde said...

I do make an effort not to lump entire groups of people together into categories so that I don't have to consider them as actual human beings - I hope my behaviour demonstrates that my efforts in that sense are earnest and honest

I will vouch for the fact that DKW treats everyone's mum as a separate uncategorised individual.

Dragon-King Wangchuck said...

I'm flattered, although I wonder how you found out. I always tell your mom that she's the best.