2010-10-27

still no mba

McArdle.  I don't remember where I read this but it's kinda stuck with me - the best thing about McArdle is that a veritable cottage industry has sprung up with the sole purpose of highlighting how utterly terrible she is.
UPDATE:  It was in the comments section of The Hunting of the Snark.  SRSLY, go read Susan of Texas.  Do it now.

When I first started commenting at Teh Mothership, it was because I was moved to chime in on how ignorant and horrible McArdle was.  Because she is all sorts of ignorant and even more sorts horrible.  She was and still is some sort of anti-muse that causes great works to be created for the sole purpose of ridiculing her.

Anyways, I never got around to becoming a dedicated McArdle basher, but I certainly enjoyed reading stuff from folks like the Malignant One and others at FMM. Susan of Texas in particular writes far better than I could ever hope to.  No SRSLY, go read The Hunting of the Snark - it's a much better blog than this one.

Anyways, I consider myself a sort of amateur connoisseur of McArdle smackdowns - and the latest one from Henry Farrell is a classic.  ME-gan's smug "AHA GOTCHA" finger-waggling tut-tutting of an idiot who is way out of their league is the magic ingredientthat makes this takedown so fantastic.  It's not quite Juan Cole-Jonah Goldberg epicness, but pretty close IMO.  Sure it's a really LOOOONNNNGGGGG post, but you really must read the whole thing.  After you're done with The Hunting of the Snark.

3 comments:

vacuumslayer said...

Ooooooh! Intriguing, delicious! And, really, can that horrible harridan ever be bashed enough? Not for me!

Dragon-King Wangchuck said...

Hullo vs.

And, really, can that horrible harridan ever be bashed enough? Not for me!

SRSLY. Go read Susan of Texas.

vacuumslayer said...

HI! And I shall.