2024-02-26

Slow News Day

Israel is supposed to submit their report to the ICJ today. It is supposed to explain how they are protecting Palestinians in Gaza and complying with the order to increase humanitarian aid. The back drop for this - the ICJ is also wrapping up hearings on how illegal the settlements and occupation is and the Palestinian Authority PM and government has just resigned. Meanwhile in the US, the New York Times is trying to figure out how to sweep the Anat Schwartz thing under the rug.

Also, Aaron Bushnell - the airman who lit himself on fire to protest the genocide - has died. I'm going to let his words close out this post.
Many of us like to ask ourselves, "What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?"
The answer is, you’re doing it. Right now.

 

No comments: