2024-01-26

I’ve Changed my Mind About Provisional Blogging Orders

 In my previous post I said I didn’t buy it. That the ICJ is ordering a ceasefire without actually ordering one - I said this wasn’t likely. Obviously ceasefire is on everybody’s mind and the ICJ had to have intentionally chosen not to say anything about it. Well,  am wrong. For exactly the reason I gave in believing otherwise. 

I said I didn’t believe it because Israel and the US will interpret the order as they see fit - so they will completely dishonestly claim that they are already in compliance. That they have always acted in a way to avoid any risk of genocide. And while I still believe that the US and Israel will claim this I was entirely wrong to suggest that they would. 

You see, their interpretation is going to be influenced by public sentiment. Maybe not a lot - but if there is enough outrage at their blatantly dishonest bullshit - that might make them reconsider. It is an election year after all. 

So I was wrong to suggest that Biden is going to do what I actually expect him to do. This is a Green Lantern thing - and even though it’s probably not going to work, there is no harm in demanding better from these genocidal monsters.

The order literally requires Israel to stop killing Palestinians in Gaza. That is the first thing ordered. As much as the Islamophobic asswipes will wasn’t to twist this - the order literally says no more killing. Recognizing that these murderous psychopaths want to twist this to allow them to kill more is not useful. 

So I retract my previous position and am fully in the side of “the order doesn’t say ceasefire but it means it because how else can the killing stop?”

No comments: