2013-10-17

Ca-Nationalism

Hey, I’m not your anti-social friend’s “long distance relationship”
I don’t live in a hockey arena or own a bush plane.
And I don’t know Joe from Canada although I’m certain that he’s really polite, aside from that tendency to passive-aggressively rant.

I have a notionally bicameral parliament where the Senate has no power as opposed to a notionally bicameral republic where the Senate has all the power.
I speak English and “high school French”, not ‘Murkan.
And I pronounce it “your mom”, not “ur mum”.

I can proudly trumpet my nationality wherever I go without fear of judgement, but yeah – as if a Canuck would ever.
I prefer peace to peacekeeping and don’t like police actions at all.
Mosaic not melting pot
And the beaver is a noble and proud animal with skin valuable enough to finance the building of a nation.

Canada is the second largest country name ending in “-nada”
The first nation in butter tarts,
And the best part of the world for Canadaphiles.

My pseudonym is Dragon-King Wangchuck and
I.
Am.
Canadian.

4 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

O.K., settle down, u can have gravy on your fries.
~

Dragon-King Wangchuck said...

ASL with a Canadian accent means signing with gravy on your fingers.

Substance McGravitas said...

Toque standing proud.

M. Bouffant said...

I can proudly trumpet my nationality wherever I go without fear of judgement, but yeah – as if a Canuck would ever.
You may be right. Probably half the North American-looking youth traveling in Europe in '69 & '70 w/ maple leafs (SUCK!) sewn on their packs & jackets were U.S. Americans unwilling to admit their complicity in war crimes.